On December 11th 2016 Oxford Dictionary released a Word of the Year Shortlist. The 9th and final word on the list is “Woke”.
IMA WOKE WITCH, ya heard and I know I have a lot of other sisters and brothers in my coven (they just might not yet know it). It is ok to stand-up, it’s time to cast our spells together.
We are stronger brewing together. After-all, we are good Witches.
So….. what IS a Witch? It is not the broom, black-pointed hat and gnarly nose, we have evolved.
W.I.T.C.H = We. Intend. To. Cause. Havoc.
Hells yeah. 2016 taught me people are divided and things you take for granted can be pulled right under your bitchin’ witch boots. It’s not the time to stay moderate or silent. Find your cackle and your voice and use it well.
How did I know I was a Witch? ** Helpful clues in self-determination and elevation**
- I know Love Trumps Hate. Literally, wreak havoc and never let the bigots win.
- Nature is my religion. Like a Witch whose haven is in the woods, nature provides all-season inspiration.
- I love reading my horoscope – that is kind of astro-witchy no?
- Crystals and gemstones are a blessing – they wield powers and provide balance. Everyone should own at least one quartz crystal.
- BLACK, I love black clothes duh.
2016 has been cast-away and let me tell you a lot of shit brewed in the cauldron. More than ever we need to #staywoke. Witches belong to an unspoken coven of rebel-minded individuals who choose not to stay silent on issues that matter to them.
We walk the halls together. We own the night. We have zero fucks.
Now, lets strut into 2017 wand first, cause: We Intend To Cause Havoc. We are an unstoppable force.
Stay woke, stay witchy,