Hey there. Ya you, over there. The one with your head down, avoiding Instagram and Facebook today in hopes that if you don’t see any Valentine’s Day posts, then you can skip the day entirely.
Look up for a second! Look at that duck over there with three tiny little ducklings following closely behind. Isn’t that adorable? Isn’t that precious? Isn’t that… LOVE.
Yes, I am single (and at times bitter) but I would consider myself a lover of love. I love LOVE. You probably do too (don’t fight it). So if you’re feeling blue today – here’s 20 happy little reminders that even when you’re single, love surrounds you. And, why you should be feeling tickled pink.
1.Having a loving pet (fish included – if you feed it, it loves you)
2. Strangers holding the door open for others
3. When your Starbucks barista asks how to spell your name
4. AND GETS YOUR ORDER RIGHT
5. People smiling at puppies
6. People smiling at other people
7. When you make eye contact and share a smile with a handsome stranger
8. Someone helping an elderly lady across the street
9. A co-worker asking if you would like a coffee and not asking for money for it
10. Friends sharing gum (real friendship)
11. Teachers who genuinely want their students to succeed
12. Love songs on the radio
13. First kisses
14. Surprise phone calls from your parents
15. Parents in general
16. Bubble baths for one (treat yo self!)
17. Wine for one
18. Curling up on the couch and reconnecting with your favourite tv characters
19. You’re favourite tv couple being in love
20. You’re favourite tv couple cuddling up on their couch together
So enjoy your day, and don’t be bitter. Remember, you can use this day as an excuse for doing anything your little heart desires. Eat some chocolate, get some wine, go to bed at 9, make a little rhyme.
Happy gal-entines day hunni's